Fault Tree Analysis Training
FAULT TREE ANALYSIS TRAINING OVERVIEW:
What is a Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)? The FTA is a tool used in risk based systems to identify any factors that contributed to an undesired event. It is an effective tool in order to identify potential causes or pathways to the event or failure.
The PathWise Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) training course uses concepts and steps that align with ISO 14971 covering the application of risk management to medical devices, and ICH Q9 FDA guidance related to Quality Risk Management.
Attendees of this course learn to:
- Explain how a FTA can fit within a Risk Management System.
- Create an FTA to include failure identification, analysis, and event probabilities.
In order to reinforce the concepts, attendees will complete a full Fault Tree Analysis, using the following steps.
These course steps include:
- Define the top event, including the event failure and outcome.
- Identify possible immediate causes or failure modes leading to top event.
- Analyze each fault mode to identify how the failure was caused.
- Complete tree.
- Estimate probability of the head event.
- Determine if further actions are necessary.
HIGH IMPACT TOPICS
- Identify potential causes of the failure.
- Analyze a failure that has already occurred.
- Analyze systems with many interfaces and interactions.
The pictorial representation of the complete “tree” leads to an easy understanding of the system behavior, and the factors included. This can help identify the potential cause of event failure.
Fault Tree Analysis is a one-day course appropriate for individuals who are regularly called upon to assess risk. Examples include research and design engineers, quality assurance, and regulatory and compliance personnel.
Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) Training is one day of Instructor Led classroom training.
The most cost effective training option is to have PathWise come to your location. We have trainers across the globe, and trained in 14 different countries in 2015 alone, covering almost every continent!
To schedule a course at your site fill out the form below and a PathWise representative will get back with you shortly!
* These fields are required.
Look at these related training courses:
Instructor Led Training courses:
Look at our On Demand Library of Webinars on Risk Management Topics:
Training is essential to achieve and maintain a compliant, effective and efficient quality system. This is why 90% of our courses are taught on-site at our client’s locations. For individuals and organizations in need of training but unable to make an on-site training commitment, we offer many of our courses as events at a variety of locations across the globe.
View the PathWise Events page to find out about our options for a public workshop.
Download our White Papers on Quality Risk Management!